Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Holding Hands

dear daughters,

My how time flies during the Christmas season! It seems like just yesterday the leaves started to fall. But yesterday it was only freezing drizzle and sleet that fell around here!

Speaking of falling, do you ever feel like that TV commercial, “I’ve fallen and I can’t get up?” I do. Sometimes we fall down on our jobs, our responsibilities, our loyalties, and our God. We fail. Yes, WE do. Everyone fails, and way more than once. But God knows that, and He sent His son to earth to pay the penalty for all our falling down in failure. He did this so we could be in His perfect, holy presence forever and ever.

When we really believe in our heart of hearts that this is true and we bow to the Almighty God who loved us so much to do this for us, then He sees us as righteous, even though we still may fall from time to time. But here’s His wonderful promise to His righteous sons and daughters, “The steps of a man are established by the LORD, And He delights in his way. When he falls, (did you catch that? WHEN he falls…not IF…) he will not be hurled headlong, because the LORD is the One who holds his hand” (Psalm 37:23-24).

Do you know what this promise means for the believer in Jesus? It means that we can always get up! No matter how you have fallen down in failure, God has a hold of your hand if you have put your hand in His as your personal Lord and Savior. God will help you up with His own strong and mighty hand every time you fall!

God says in Isaiah 41:10, “Do not fear, for I am with you; do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God. I will strengthen you, surely I will help you, surely I will uphold you with My righteous right hand.”

We girls like to hold hands, but the best hand we can ever hold is the hand of our loving God. Hang on to His hand, girls, and don’t ever let go!

living to love, loving to live,
momma b

No comments: