Wednesday, October 15, 2008

A Heart's Holiday

dear daughters,

What a beautiful holiday weekend I just enjoyed, vacationing in New England! The beauty of the fall is a wonderful reminder of the creativity of our God, and the control He has of our world. Autumn always comes, year after year, according to His plan. Now, maybe there’s not as much fall color in Texas as there is in Massachusetts or Maine; but nevertheless, the seasons come and the seasons go year after year just as He ordains.

Knowing God is in control is a comfort in times of crisis. Right now, our country is in the middle of a lot of change and concern. There is a close presidential race underway. There is a rollercoaster stock market making news every day, causing everyone to question their economic future. You surely have your own personal crises going on, your own changes and concerns. But when we know, really believe, that God is in control, then we can trust Him and rest in the comfort our faith brings.

Today I was reading in Psalms 118, and I was blessed by the first half of verse 6. “The Lord is for me, I will not fear.” It doesn’t ask if the Lord is for me. It doesn’t say the Lord is sometimes for me. It just states that He is, all the time. And when I know, really know and believe that He is for me then fear will not take hold of me.

God has everything in His control, and He is for me and my best interests. He is for you and your best interests, too! When we remind ourselves of this truth, our hearts have rest and peace. Now that’s a vacation!

living to love, loving to live,
momma b

No comments: