Wednesday, October 29, 2008

News Flash!

dear daughters,

Do you like roller coasters? I do. I remember riding one at Six Flags when I was in high school seven times in a row. It would have been eight if I hadn’t gotten sick! I love the thrill of going up and down. But going up and down in life is not always fun.

Sometimes we feel we are on top of the world, that we can conquer anything, and that everything is going our way. Other times we feel like we are down in a valley, or even a pit, and may wonder how, when or if we will ever get out.

I read Psalm 23 the other day for the umpteenth time. You know the one, “The Lord is my Shepherd….” We hear it most often at funerals. But its message is more about life than death! It says this, “Even though I walk through the valley…Thou art with me.” It says a bunch more, but I encourage you to go read it for yourself. God knows that we live in a world that is darkened by despair, destruction, disease and death. But He promises us that as we walk through life, even through the valleys and pits along the way, He is with us. He promises to comfort us, to guide us, to provide for us and to protect us. Is that good news, or what?!

living to love, loving to live,
momma b

No comments: